Running a self owned business can be a very challenging task, especially for mothers. Owners of small businesses have to invest a lot of time and effort into their work. Mothers already have a ton of things vying for their attention. Taking care of the household, chores, kids and, of course, the husband, all require moms to dedicate their time to them. They are barely left with time for themselves! Yet, many women are successful wives, mothers and business owners too and the cooperation they get from their family plays a major role in their success. Here are some ideas on how you can get your family to help you out in your business:
1. Develop a daily and weekly schedule, clearly marking both your husband’s and your home, kids and work related tasks. It will make coordination and planning much easier and will avoid unnecessary inconveniences.
2. Your husband is your partner, for better or for worse, at home or at work! So don’t hesitate to ask him to share household responsibilities. You could ask him to perform simple household chores or handle the kids for an hour to free up your time.
3. Manage your weekends well. Dedicate time to your family and take up some fun activities. You will have a more balanced life, your family won’t feel left out and you won’t have to go on a guilt trip!
4. Take your kids into confidence and get them to give you some space during for an hour when they are home. Use this time for work. Then you can spend time with your kids and get back to work once they go to bed.
5. Get your kids to help you do simple work like filing, copying etc. It will reduce your effort and make them feel important too!